The Marantz Pro Turret is the all-in-one solution for your broadcasting, streaming, and podcasting needs. Featuring a full HD webcam and high-quality 48kHz/24-bit USB condenser microphone, all over a single USB cable. This article will answer some of the popular questions about the features and functionality of the Marantz Pro Turret.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the Turret compatible with my operating system?
- Does the Turret require any driver installation?
- How do I power the Turret?
- What is the operating frame rate?
- What is the operating sample/bit rate of the microphone?
- Is there any way to adjust the brightness and color temperature of the light?
- What does the Mix knob do?
- What if I only want to use the camera or the microphone and not both?
- Why is the microphone light blinking red?
- How do I adjust the level of the microphone?
- How do I focus in with the camera?
- What is H.264 compression and why is it built-in?
- The Marantz and Turret logos on the back of the pop filter and microphone are visible in my video. Can I remove these?
Is the Turret compatible with my operating system?
The Marantz Pro Turret is class-compliant, making it compatible with virtually all current Windows and Mac operating systems without the need for additional drivers. For the best results, the Turret should be used with one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7, 10
- Mac OS X 10.6 - Mac OS 10.12
Does the Turret require any driver installation?
No, the driver is completely class-compliant. No additional drivers are necessary.
How do I power the Turret?
The Turret comes with a 12v, 1A power supply to provide power.
What is the operating frame rate?
The Turret camera can operate at frame rates of 30fps/1080p and 60fps/720p.
What is the operating sample/bit rate of the microphone?
The Turret microphone will operate at 16-bit, 48kHz.
Is there any way to adjust the brightness and color temperature of the light?
Of course! The top-most knob on the front of the Turret will adjust the brightness of the light. The Turret also includes 3 snap-on filters to customize the lighting: Diffused Daylight, Cool, and Warm.
What does the Mix knob do?
The Mix knob on the front of the Turret controls what the listener will hear in the headphones.
- Turn the knob all the way to PC to hear audio playback from the computer. This may be best when editing audio for a video.
- Turn the knob all the way to Mic to hear the direct signal from the microphone before it is sent to the computer to be recorded. This is useful while recording a video with the Turret camera and microphone.
- Set the knob anywhere between PC and Mic to balance a mix of both the playback signal from the PC and the direct signal from the microphone. Use this for Skype or other video chat services.
What if I only want to use the camera or the microphone and not both?
You do not need to use the video and the microphone simultaneously. Mute the microphone by pressing the button with the microphone icon, or mute the video by pressing the button with the eye icon. You can use the settings or preferences of your recording or video chat software to choose a different microphone or video device to use.
Why is the microphone light blinking red?
A blinking red light on the microphone will indicate that the microphone has been muted. Press the microphone button on the body of the Turret to mute and unmute the microphone.
How do I adjust the level of the microphone?
The level of the microphone should first be set by setting the Mic Sensitivity switch to 0dB or -10dB. Use 0dB for normal operation (speaking), and switch to -10dB for louder sources such as a musical performance. The level of the microphone can be adjusted even further in your computer's audio setup.
- Go to the Start Menu > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound
- In the window that appears, click the Recording tab and choose Marantz Turret Audio as the default device.
- Click Properties and then click the Levels tab.
- Set the input level of the microphone.
Mac OS X
- Go to System Preferences > Sound.
- Click on the Input tab.
- Choose Marantz Turret Audio as your input device.
- Use the Input Volume control below to set the input level of the microphone.
Use the Mix Knob to adjust the level of the microphone output in the headphones.
How do I focus in with the camera?
The Turret features a high-quality multi-step autofocus, as well as automatic low-light correction, so no manual adjustments to the image will be necessary.
What is H.264 compression and why is it built-in?
H.264 is a standard for video data compression that is capable of providing quality video at a substantially small bit rate, This means you get great audio/video quality that's easily transferable over USB with low-latency.
The Marantz and Turret logos on the back of the pop filter and microphone are visible in my video. Can I remove these?
The Marantz and Turret logos on the back of the pop filter and microphone may be visible through the camera at certain angles. If you do not want these logos to be visible, blank replacement badges are provided in the box with the Turret and are easy to replace. For an example, please see our Turret Unboxing and Overview video.