The PMD-500D media player for DVD disc, SD/SDHC, and USB satisfies every contractor's requirement for commercial installations. The ability to play several media formats paired with multiple audio/video output configurations and RS-232C control put this player in a class by itself for versatility. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the PMD-500D.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What formats will the PMD-500D play?
- Does the PMD-500D play Blu-Ray discs?
- Does the PMD-500D come with rack ears?
- What is the Mode Indicators on the PMD-500D?
- What are the Serial Command Protocols for the PMD-500D?
- Can the PMD-500D detect the picture resolution automatically?
- What type of batteries does the PMD-500D remote use?
- What are the dimensions for the PMD-500D?
PMD-500D can play and view the following audio disc formats:
- Supported CD formats: CD, CD-R, CD-RW, HDCD, Super Video CD (SVCD), Video CD (VCD)
- Supported DVD formats: DVD, DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW
PMD-500D can play and view the following file formats on a USB drive (mass storage class) or SD/SDHC card:
- Supported video file formats: .3gp, .avi, .dat, .divx, .mp4, .mpg, .ogm, .vob
- Subtitle formats (for video): .ass, .smi, .srt, .ssa, .sub
- Supported audio file formats: .mp3, .ogg, .wma
- Supported picture file formats: .jpg (or .jpeg)
Important: The USB or SD/SDHC card drive must use an FAT16 or FAT32 file system.
No. The PMD-500D is not Blu-Ray compatible.
Yes, the PMD-500D comes with a set of rack ears and the screws.
The mode indicator lights indicated whether the Lock, IR Lock, or Hide OSD are enabled.
The Lock feature disables almost all of the buttons on PMD-500D’s front panel. This helps prevent
accidental changes to playback.
To enable/disable the Lock feature, press and hold Shift and then press Stop on PMD-500D’s front
panel. When Lock is enabled, the Lock light will turn on.
While Lock is enabled, you can still do the following:
- Disable the Lock feature on the front panel.
- Power off PMD-500D using the Power button on the front panel.
- Use any function on the remote control
The IR Lock feature disables the remote control (by disabling the infrared sensor on PMD-500D’s front
panel). This helps prevent accidental changes to playback.
To enable/disable the IR Lock feature, press and hold Shift and then press Pause on PMD-500D’s front
panel. When IR Lock is enabled, the IR Lock light will turn on.
While IR Lock is enabled, you can still use any function on the front panel.
The Hide OSD feature hides the options normally shown on the Home Screen. When DVD/CD Auto Play is set to On, you can simply insert a disc and it will start playing immediately; you will not have to access the Home screen every time you want to play a disc.
To enable/disable the Hide OSD feature, press and hold Shift and then press Play on PMD-500D’s front
panel. When Hide OSD is enabled, the Hide OSD light will turn on.
You can find the Serial Command Protocol Guide for the PMD-500D at the following link:
Yes, PMD-500D will detect the picture resolution automatically.
(480i/576i, 480p/576p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p)
The PMD-500D’s remote control uses 2 AAA batteries.
Dimensions (width x depth x height, with rack ears): 19.00” x 10.75” x 1.73” 483 mm x 273 mm x 44 mm
Weight (with rack ears): 5.9 lbs. 2.7 kg